Espace Gérard Philippe / La GrangeBack
Espace Gérard Philippe / La Grange
Reception : Until December 31
Reception : From January 1 to December 31
The Espace Gérard Philipe is a 301-seat theatre whose remarkable stage-to-room ratio creates an exceptional relationship between the artists and the audience. Its vast stage, the acoustic qualities of the hall, the technical equipment (light and sound), make it one of the very first stages in the region.
The cultural and artistic project is based on :
- The presentation of live performances, with the programming of a multidisciplinary season favouring contemporary aesthetics, for all generations: theatre, dance, music, puppetry, circus arts, without excluding any other form of performance.
- The promotion of puppet arts and object theatre.
- The organisation of the "Guitars of the World" festival. (24th edition Bis in March 2021). 5 concerts on the bill.
- The discovery of circus arts.
- Support for creation. This year : La France coupé en deux by the company Aube musagète, La mariée était en noir after W. Irish by the FMR Company, Chagrin d'école after D. Pennac by the Théâtre Populaire de Champagne, Nous, l'Europe : banquet des peuples after L. Gaudé by the Strada Cie in the context of a nomadic residence in the Aube department with the Fédération Départementale des MJC de l'Aube, and C'est coton ! by the Cie Gingolph Gateau.
- Partnerships: "Les Nuits de Champagne" festival with a concert by Tony Melvil and Usmas, Pôle National des Arts du Cirque de Châlons-en-Champagne with the hosting of Un contre Un, the Théâtre de La Madeleine with the shows La vie et la mort by J. Chirac / F. Mitterrand.
- Bringing together artists and the public during the convivial evenings of the "Petits cabarets de curiosités", with a highlight in November bringing together 3 evenings.
- Welcoming companies and artists from the Grand-Est. This year: La Pêche, la Cie des Ô, le Théâtre Populaire de Champagne, FMR, la Cie des Bestioles, La Cie des Animaux en paradis, La Strada Cie, Aube Musagète and la Cie Claire Sergent.
- The promotion of amateur practices by making the theatre available at advantageous conditions and by supporting municipal services, associations and project leaders.
La Grange is what we call "a small place". Small by gauge (between 70 and 100 people). The Grange stage is widely open to association programmes: world music, jazz, rock...
During the season, the Grange will be transformed into an exhibition gallery and concert hall for the "Befores" of the Grange during the Guitars of the World festival.
The association "Les mots sur le Zinc" (Words about Zinc) offers a programme of readings in connection with the shows presented as part of the season at the Espace Gérard Philipe.